"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury


This review is spoiler free!!



4/5 stars



It seems to be the unpopular opinion, but I really liked this book! It certainly wasn't perfect, but most of its problems didn't bother me much.

This book is so similar to so many other books. A girl whose touch kills (Shatter Me), a girl promised to the prince but who also likes a guard (The Selection) and I'm sure there's others. Not very original. But I just didn't care. I still liked it! 

And the plot is just so damn predictable. I totally saw all the twists and turns coming. The ending wasn't the shock the author intended it to be. But again, I just didn't care - I still liked it! 




Sometimes a book just works for you even when you know it shouldn't. That was this book for me. Objectively, I shouldn't have liked it, but I just went along for the ride and all it's imperfections didn't get in the way of me loving it. Seriously, I can't wait for the next book!

1 comment:

  1. I have this book, but I didn't read it yet. I'm really excited to because the plot does seem really good! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete