"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Righteous by Kim Lehman


This review is spoiler free!!



3/5 stars



The best thing about this book is that it's less about the romance and more about Ria's relationships with other people - her new best friend, her mom, the principal who becomes like a father figure, an elderly woman who's like a grandma. 

The romance is sweet. Pretty predictable, but still sweet. But it's more the background story, unlike most ya contemporaries. It starts off like a ya contemporary romance, but focuses on so much more. 

What I didn't really like about this book is the main character. Her life isn't awesome, I understand that. But she's just so damn cranky. She's mean to everyone for no reason at all. She eventually grows, but in the beginning I just wanted to slap some sense into her.


No comments:

Post a Comment