"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp

This review is spoiler free!!

DNF @ 22%

The main problem I had with this book is how it's written. It's first person, but it's written to the love interest. I hoped I'd be able to get into it, but I just couldn't. It just felt too weird.

I might have been able to put up with it if the story was amazing, but it was about a girl who's dad loses her college money so she decides to make moonshine to make the money. :/ Just seems like a strange leap. I think I'd rather just take out a loan or wait a year than make and sell an illegal substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment