"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ash by Shani Petroff & Darci Manley



This review is spoiler free!!




1/5 star








DNF at 50% because I was just so damn bored! The plot is very slow-moving - it takes about a third of the way in before anything happens besides a sporting event. Then there's a little excitement for a bit but then that fizzles out too. 




The 2 povs are very difficult to distinguish from one another. The 2 girls are very different but their voices aren't. I usually don't have problems with multiple povs (I didn't have a problem distinguishing Tris and Tobias), but this one was tough. What's super weird is that there are 2 authors so I assume they each wrote a pov, which you would think would make them distinct. But you would be wrong. It was tough to really figure out any personality for the characters. Their demographics and situations are clear but they didn't have distinctive personalities, which made it so difficult to tell them apart. And it made it difficult to really care what happened to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment