"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer

This review is spoiler free!!

My rating: 3/5 stars

This book has a bit of a paranormal aspect to it, but it still reads exactly like a contemporary. It was sweet, if not a little predictable. 

The book rotates between 4 POVs. The thing I liked best was how realistically distinct each of the girls are. And I don't mean in a stupid Sporty Spice/Posh Spice kind of way (these are the only Spice Girls I can remember! lol). They are each complex individuals who have their own personalities and interests. They're distinct, but not in a stereotypical ways. A lot of authors have a hard time writing one, let alone four, complex character. 

While the characters were interesting, the story was a bit boring. Sweet, but boring and predictable. 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this one around but don't know if it's my thing. :S Too bad it didn't impress you much. Thanks for your review!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete