"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Monday, March 9, 2015

The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons


This review is spoiler free!!


My rating: 4/5 stars










 A standalone dystopian!!






I know, it's crazy!! The really insane thing is that she totally could have stretched this out into a trilogy. Hell, she could have made it into a trilogy with 2 novellas, not because it was necessary but just to squeeze more money from us (cough) The Selection (cough). But she didn't and I totally appreciate that.

This isn't your typical dystopian. What sets it apart is mostly the end so I won't share it here, but you can read my Goodreads review and click on the spoiler tag if you want to know. 


This book will make you angry and disgusted in the way a good dystopian should. The world is bleak and horrible things happen, especially to women. There were numerous times that I wanted to crawl into this world and murder everyone.




Women are treated like property in this world and it's just awful. It's the kind of book that should make you mad. This is definitely not a light and fluffy book.



Find it on Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment