"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander

First of all, let me apologize for not posting a lot lately. I had this annoying respiratory virus for like two weeks. It was bad enough that I didn't even want to read! *gasp* But I'm feeling relatively healthy now! :)




This review is spoiler free!!

My rating: 3/5 stars


So I pretty much loved the beginning of this book because I just loved Charlie so much. I mean, he's just so perfectly geeky. 

Results from my personal experimentation in this realm would suggest pop culture is stupid. Or it could be that my methodology is flawed. When an experiment's results are unexpected, the scientist must go back and look at the methods to determine the point at which an error occurred. I'm pretty sure I'm the error in each failed attempt at getting a girl's attention. Scientifically, I should have removed myself from the equation, but instead, I kept changing the girl.

I'm a sucker for methodology talk. :) Sure, not very realistic, but I still love it. I started this book for a nice, light, fun, contemporary read. And the first half was. And then it took a serious turn. And it just didn't seem to fit this book. Some books should just stay light. It was hard for me to really feel the emotions that I know I was supposed to feel. I'm not going to go what exactly changed because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Regardless, decent book. Adorable main character. And lots of people might like the second half a lot more than I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment